23" FX Ride Cymbal - Fully Hammered
We wanted to make a line of FX Cymbals and Bells with different tonal values than traditional cymbals while keeping the signature “CP look” as we have with all our metal products.
CP FX Cymbals vs Traditional Cymbals
Bell: Thinner, hand-hammered
Body: Even thickness from bell to edge
Profile: Slight bow, more flat
-The stretched metal of the bell, due to hand-hammering, makes our bells not quite as loud as a traditional cymbal bell but still loud enough to cut through the mix.
-Our cymbals are not lathed or pressed with a hydraulic machine, they are hand-cut, hand-hammered and hand-shaped.
-Each cymbal is individually heat-treated to bring out the unique colors and tones of the metal.
Body: Gets gradually thinner as you get to the outer edge
Material: Brass or Bronze
Unique Features of the Full Hammered FX Rides:
- They are aggressively hand-hammered on both sides giving them unique peaks and valleys for a darker sonic tone.
- They are made from extra-thin steel and fully-hammered for a full and washy sound.
- The extra-thin steel allows for more flexibility and movement when playing.
- Striking the bell activates the whole cymbal, rather than just the bell, giving you a reverb-type effect.
- These unique combinations of features gives additional sonic nuances.
The CP FX Rides Cymbals can give you a dark and earthy texture while still creating a driving rhythmic focal point.&nb