Non-traditional in shape and sound, a true CP style gong.
The HEXaGONGs are not your ordinary gongs. They are playable works of art!
The CP HEXaGONGs are hand-cut and hand-hammered then anointed with their own unique design to reflect the light and show off the amazing colors brought out by the heat-treating process. No two are exactly alike! The 12”-24” are made with our thinner and medium thickness metals while the 30” & 36” are made with our thickest metal.
These can be used in a variety of settings, from a bar gig, to a high school orchestra, to a meditation room, and many places in between.
How do HEXaGONGs differ from traditional gongs?
- Instead of brass or bronze, we use steel.
- Instead of round, we went with our signature CP shape, a hexagon…and it fits right in with the name!
- Our metal is not as thick or heavy as a traditional gong so they will not ring as long.
- The hexagon shape allows the sound to be pushed out to all 6 points, allowing for more vibration than a round shape.
How to play your HEXaGONG:
- Start playing with a lighter hit to warm it up and get it vibrating.
- Gradually increase the force of your hit to add intensity and movement.
- Play the gong in different spots. All gongs have a “sweet spot”.
- Strike the raised center to get the lowest notes out of the gong.
- Strike outside of the center to get a more “washy” gong sound.
- Strike the outer points to get the most “wash” and a thunderous sound.